Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift – Santa Fe Springs, CA
We are currently hiring for a Production Supervisor on our second shift (Monday – Friday, 2:00pm – 10:30pm ). This role will responsible for supervising a team of 7 people, including managing daily activities, workflow, and providing training.
- Maintains schedule to meet customer deadlines through utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Receives daily updates on equipment status; communicates equipment status to supervisor; verifies that all mechanical and electrical safeties are operational at all times; ensures that all safety bars and guards are in operating condition at all times.
- Reviews schedule and informs production of late jobs
- Directs activities of production personnel; provides answers to procedural and technical questions; meets with 2nd shift production personnel individually and in groups to discuss problems; reviews all production records daily and forward to appropriate supervisor; reviews completed work and work in progress for quality; reviews employee performance; resolves problems between and within departments
- Manages 2nd shift production personnel and is involved in hiring, training, evaluating, and terminating staff
- Provides technical assistance on problem materials, and supplies, and equipment; provide personnel with technical information and in-plant training
- Performs all others tasks as assigned by the Production Manager or Finishing Manager.
Skills and Experience
- High School education or equivalent
- Technical or trade school diploma or related work experience
- Five years experience in management
- Five years experience operating a digital press.
- Extensive overall printing knowledge including all related material: vinyl, ink, and process
- Knowledge of all related technologies as they pertain to printing
- Moderate mechanical skills and aptitude
- Effective decision-making skills
- Ability to solve personnel problems
- Ability to motivate personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to lead
- Good natural or corrected eyesight
- Ability to interact effectively between all people and departments