The Production Lead manages workflow, provides direction to the production employees for day-to-day production. The best candidates will lead by example, communicate openly, motivate and support employees, and have a team approach towards the work. The Production Lead works with the Production Supervisor to set work plans, schedule staff, coordinate business strategies, and oversee all production activities.
- Works with the Supervisor to create and implement production schedules for shift employees.
- Effectively utilizes their experience to train and develop employees, identifying their abilities and monitoring their progress.
- Recommends continuous process improvements to the department and workflow and independently initiates approved improvements within the department.
- Works with Supervisor to manage the work schedules, forecasts overtime needs to ensure jobs are completed on time.
- Identifies issues that may detract from the efficient operations of the department and takes prompt corrective action to resolve such issues.
- Takes action to ensure the proper maintenance of equipment essential to the operation of the department.
- Responds to questions and concerns from employees, maintains open communications, and fosters a positive work environment.
- Ensures and maintains safe operating procedures and compliance with all company and OSHA safety regulations and ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards.
- Communicates and supports company policies in team meetings to all department employees.
- Performs disciplinary action required to support company policies.
- Keeps the Department Supervisor apprised of all matters affecting the morale of department of company employees.
- Identifies materials required for department operations.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge of raw materials
- Managing quality systems and standards
- Experience managing safety standards and compliance
- Ability to execute process improvement techniques
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge and experience of machines and tools
- Solid computer skills
To apply via email, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.