Production Lead – 2nd Shift – Saint Paul, MN
We are actively searching for a full-time, second shift Production Lead (Monday – Friday; 2:30pm – 11:00pm). In this position, you would manage the workflow, provide direction for day-to-day production activities, and work closely with the Production Supervisor.
• Works with the Supervisor to create and implement production schedules for shift employees.
• Effectively utilizes their experience to train and develop employees, identifying their abilities andmonitoring their progress.
• Recommends continuous process improvements to the department and workflow and independently initiates approved improvements within the department.
• Works with Supervisor to manage the work schedules, forecasts overtime needs to ensure jobs are completed on time.
• Identifies issues that may detract from the efficient operations of the department and takes prompt corrective action to resolve such issues.
• Takes action to ensure the proper maintenance of equipment essential to the operation of the department.
• Responds to questions and concerns from employees, maintains open communications, and fosters a positive work environment.
• Ensures and maintains safe operating procedures and compliance with all company and OSHA safety regulations and ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards.
• Communicates and supports company policies in team meetings to all department employees.
• Performs disciplinary action required to support company policies.
• Maintains open communication with the Production Supervisor.
• Identifies materials required for department operations.
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
• Demonstrate attention to detail, with a goal to produce quality work
• Works well in a team environment
• Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
• Managing quality systems and standards
• Experience managing safety standards and compliance
• Ability to execute process improvement techniques
• Proficient with a computer
Please note: There have been multiple scams recently where individuals will pose as HR or a hiring manager and offer you a job in order to gain access to your banking information. We will never ask you for your personal information (bank account, Social Security number, etc.) until your first day of employment when you are asked to complete paperwork.