We are actively searching for a full-time, second shift Production Lead (Monday – Friday; 2:30pm – 11:00pm). In this position, you would manage the workflow, provide direction for day-to-day production activities, and work closely with the Production Supervisor.
- Works with the Supervisor to create and implement production schedules for shift employees.
- Effectively utilizes their experience to train and develop employees, identifying their abilities and monitoring their progress.
- Recommends continuous process improvements to the department and workflow and independently initiates approved improvements within the department.
- Works with Supervisor to manage the work schedules, forecasts overtime needs to ensure jobs are completed on time.
- Identifies issues that may detract from the efficient operations of the department and takes prompt corrective action to resolve such issues.
- Takes action to ensure the proper maintenance of equipment essential to the operation of the department.
- Responds to questions and concerns from employees, maintains open communications, and fosters a positive work environment.
- Ensures and maintains safe operating procedures and compliance with all company and OSHA safety regulations and ISO 9001:2015 quality management standards.
- Communicates and supports company policies in team meetings to all department employees.
- Performs disciplinary action required to support company policies.
- Maintains open communication with the Production Supervisor.
- Identifies materials required for department operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate attention to detail, with a goal to produce quality work
- Works well in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- Managing quality systems and standards
- Experience managing safety standards and compliance
- Ability to execute process improvement techniques
- Proficient with a computer
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.