Operations and Project Coordinator – South San Francisco, CA
We are currently hiring for an Operations and Project Coordinator to assist with order entry, invoicing, purchasing, project management, and facilities related tasks.
- Enter jobs/orders into the computer system and distribute appropriate paperwork to Production (Pace)
- Create/process purchase orders and distribute to vendor and appropriate internal personnel.
- Invoice completed orders, referencing customer PO’s and updating prices when needed
- Daily project coordination and order communication with customers
- Interact with internal personnel and customers about project requirements and timeline
- Coordinate installations with independent installers
- Keeps salesperson, Operations Director, and other relevant team members informed about job status and problems. Provide confirmation of shipment when required
- Communicate directly with vendors as necessary, regarding quotes and the placement and status of orders for goods and services
- Check on status of customer orders when requested by customer, salesperson, or other internal personnel
- Receive / resolve customer issues with team
- Keep Operations Director informed of any vendor, production or installation issues that impact quality or timeliness of production.
- Coordinate, maintain, and update customer files
- Coordinate with the shipping department to ensure all shipments are made in time and accurately
- Create purchase orders, place orders with vendors and distribute copies of the PO both to the vendor and internally
- Follow up with vendors on the delivery of goods and services
- Additional or different functions may be assigned as required.
- Purchase office related supplies, as needed
- Manage repair of production equipment – schedule technicians, trouble shoot
- Trouble shoot issues like: Plumbing, Electrical, Roof leaks, Roof Drains, Roll up doors, heating, security alarm, emergency lighting, production lighting, office lighting, repair refurbish furniture, move Cubicles and desks and workstations.
- First point of contact for offsite IT to help troubleshoot as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in working in ERP systems, comfort in working with technology systems (Print Acuity, Ariba, QuickBase, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Task Oriented; Attention to Detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2 year degree plus minimum 2 years of experience
- 2 Years of Experience in purchasing and general operations work, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- Mid-Level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of data gathering, sorting, filtering, etc. from ERP systems
- Experience with integrated ERP Systems for input and management of business transactions.
- Experience working with database systems is a plus