Corporate Credit Manager – Saint Paul, MN
This position has enterprise-wide management responsibility for new customer credit approval, credit policy compliance, cash application and customer collections and dispute resolution.
What you will do:
- Develop, refine and enforce credit and collections policies and procedures
- Check credit references and establish/recommend credit terms for new customers
- Manage the set-up of new customers in ERP system, ensuring proper documentation is retained
- Continuously monitor and evaluate credit risk of our larger accounts, make recommendations for change in terms.
- Manage delinquent account collection efforts and prepare delinquent account reports, to include commentary on collection efforts.
- Ensure timely entry of cash receipts from lockbox, ACH credits, checks received and credit card payments.
- Approve credit memos and ensure that customer disputes and short payments are resolved.
- Work with collection agencies as appropriate.
- Manage customer disputes to ensure business unit management communication and follow-up.
- Supervise Collections Supervisor
- Special Projects within the organization as needed
- Other duties are as assigned
What you need to bring:
- A degree in business or accounting is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- 5+ years of management and accounting experience with emphasis in credit and accounts receivable.
- Employee must possess a high degree of computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word helpful.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to successfully interface with all levels of our organization, as well as customers
- Must be proactive in nature, flexible, and exhibit initiative and commitment
- Ability to supervise, coach and develop direct reports