Location: South San Francisco, CA
Responsible for implementation of all policies, practices & procedures pertaining to assembly, packing, shipping, and receiving. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of warehouse duties. Responsible for the accuracy and control of the warehouse inventory ensuring that it is stored safely without damage and in compliance with all applicable regulations and codes. Determines priorities for department operations in conjunction with production schedule. A hands-on individual who performs the following duties personally or through assistant personnel:
Major Areas of Accountability
- On time deliveries
- Inventory Control and Physical Inventory
- Maintaining an organized and clean warehouse
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Director of Operations in establishing and implementing warehouse standards and procedures; train department personnel and insure that these standards are met or exceeded.
- Oversees the Safety Committee.
- Regularly operates various forklift equipment according to Vomela and OSHA safety standards.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Provide input for hiring, training, evaluation, discipline and termination of department personnel in accordance with Vomela’s established policies and procedures. Assign overtime and utilize temporary staff, with approval of the Director of Operations, and/or Branch Controller in order to keep Company commitments.
- Review pick tickets, work orders, and bills of material to verify accuracy and completeness of information.
- Directs, quality controls, and monitors assembly and routering operations and all incoming and outgoing shipping and receiving activities to insure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments.
- Arranges for maintenance and repairs of all department equipment. Prepares a routine maintenance schedule for each machine, follows-up on schedule compliance.
- Reviews production schedules and estimates labor hours required to complete finishing operations, pack outs, staging and assembling shipments.
- Recommends measures to improve assembly, packing, shipping and receiving methods.
- Oversee and inspect loading operations to insure compliance with shipping specifications.
- Directs and oversees the coordination of warehouse inventory counts.
- Maintains and controls all generic and warehouse supply inventories.
Critical Skills & Experience
- Certified Forklift Driver
- Basic knowledge and understanding of all warehouse operations and functional areas (shipping, receiving, assembly).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of inventory control procedures and processes.
- Fluent English communication skills – Bilingual in Spanish and English not required, but helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills, good active listening abilities, leadership and motivational skills.
- Coaching, training, and supervisory skills.
- Operate, train and certify Vomela personnel in various fork-lift equipment operations.
- Create and maintain customized reports.
Education & Experience
- Degree, Technical School Certification, or equivalent in education, training and experience. AA Degree OK.
- 3 to 5 years experience in shipping and receiving procedures with 2 to 3 years at the supervisory level, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
To apply send your resume email@example.com.
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.