Quality Assurance and Safety Manager
The Quality Assurance and Safety Manager is directly responsible for the maintenance and auditing of all Vomela St. Paul processes and procedures related to its product and services and safety goals. This position is the key person responsible for maintaining Vomela’s ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management Systems, and Safety Initiatives.
• Staffing of the Quality Assurance Department to meet goals and maintain quality programs including but not limited to the ISO 9001:2015 Program.
• Maintain the ISO program and related Quality Management systems (QMS).
• Working with all areas of the Vomela St. Paul organization to maintain and continuously improve the quality and safety programs.
• Review and evaluate all customer complaints documenting Corrective Actions as required.
• Maintain metrics and measurements, reporting to management outlining issues and improvements. Metrics and measurements need to be reevaluated periodically in coordination with the VP of Manufacturing and other management groups.
• Provide auditing and training functions regarding processes and procedures.
• Provide leadership in Quality engineering of new equipment, new materials and new processes to insure implementation is effective and efficient.
• The quality Manager may also be called upon to aid in production management as required through direction from the VP of Manufacturing.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the VP of Manufacturing and Vomela Management.
• Provide direction to the Quality Assurance and Safety Coordinators.
• Ensure Safety meetings are conducted as required.
• Ensure all training and auditing goals are met as required.
• Provide metrics and measurements outlining safety goals and costs.
• Maintain the organizations ability to meet OSHA and other regulatory agency requirements.
Skills and Experience
• High school diploma or GED required
• Prior experience in quality assurance and/or safety
• Prior experience in manufacturing preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Detail oriented
• Computer skills including ERP systems and Microsoft Office