Location: St. Paul, MN
We have immediate openings on our 1st Shift, Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM and 2nd shift, Monday through Friday 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM plus overtime as needed
The Vomela Companies is hiring a Machine Operator to learn and grow with our company. Vomela is a leading supplier of Digital & Screen-printed graphics and displays. We work with some of the most recognizable brands & retailers in the business.
The Machine Operator will be working with a variety of cutting & finishing operations, on a variety of materials.
Best Candidates Will Possess These Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must work at a face pace with strict deadlines
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate themselves as a strong team player that cares about the quality of their work
- Must be able to come to work on-time and prepared to do their job
- Operation of our computer cutting equipment
- Attention to detail and basic math skills needed
- Cutting Vinyl graphics to customer specification
- Placing appropriate die into the press machines and keeping it supplied with paper product
- Possess basic math skills, understands units of measurement
- Understands basic computer functions as it relates to email, job requisitions, orders, inventory, documenting notes and using spread sheets like MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
Machine Operators are responsible for operating routers, presses and computer cutting equipment. These positions require attention to detail and mathematical aptitude. If you’re the kind of person who is always pushing to be your best and especially if you know and love the printing industry, we want you on our team.
- Receives job assignments & priorities from supervisor. Reads job order to understand requirements of the Job and verify quantity to be produced
- Miscellaneous machines such as scoring, sign making, core cutting, etc.
- Sets up machine according to established company guidelines, safety and job requirements
- Completes production run including overruns and production samples
- Completes required inspections
- Ensure quality of job throughout run, including adjusting cutting depth, edge quality, registration adjustments, etc.
- Respond to revised priorities and perform well under tight deadlines
- Responsible for the tear-down, clean-up and setting-up of Jobs
- Ability to perform time studies on this machine for quoting & efficiency purposes
- Prepare daily time accountability as required
- Complete other duties as assigned
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.