Machine Cutting Operator
Location: St. Paul, MN
Vomela is a leading supplier of Digital & Screen-printed graphics and displays. We work with some of the most recognizable brands & retailers in the business. We are continuing to grow to meet the needs of our Customers. We are seeking a Digital Finisher to learn & grow with our Company. The Machine Cutting Operator will use many different types and sizes of machines. These machines range widely in their complexity. Some machines are quite easy to run; others require substantially more skill and experience.
Immediate Openings on 2nd Shift, Monday through Friday from 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM, plus overtime
On-The-Job-Training is available.
Types of Machines include:
- Clamshell presses, large and small, with cold or hot dies
- Flatbed presses with cold or hot dies
- Saws & Routers
- Rotary cutters with knife or shear tooling, with or without lamination capability
- Flexographic printer, cutter, laminator
- Sheet cutters and guillotines
- Miscellaneous machines such as scoring, sign making, core cutting, etc.
- Other machines on campus now or that will be in the future
- Computer Cutters and Plotters
- Doming Machine
- Properly use machines
- Make proper use of test and inspection devices as required by the group leader and/or job packet
- Prepare daily time accountability and paperwork
- Read and follow job paperwork as required
- Maintain safe and clutter-free work area
- Enter recommendations to management for improvements in areas such as personal safety, improved product quality, better rates and yields, or any other matters that impact shop costs or employees health.
- Practice safe working habits
- Perform packaging, assembly, duties as directed by group leader
- Complete other duties as assigned
The Best Candidates Will Have
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledge of quality standards
- Must have good judgment of quality in printing, cutting & finishing
- Graphics application skills that require bubble free, wrinkle free, unstretched, secure bonds to a wide variety of substrates
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to read and understand units of measure
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have Positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
We have over 16 benefits available from The Vomela Companies, some of them include:
Any employee who works at least 30 hours per week will be eligible to receive seven company provided benefits, may choose up to nine elected benefits, and have access to other fringe benefits such as discounts for select cellular phone providers and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Company Provided Benefits
Basic Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability (LTD), accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Emergency Travel Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and *Paid Holidays.
* 64 hours of holiday pay per year after 90 days of service
Health Benefit Plans*, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)*, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*, Dental, Vision*, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD), Commuter Benefits* and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
To apply, please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.