Graphic Designer and Customer Support Specialist
Location: Elkhart, IN or St. Paul, MN
Vomela Specialty Company (OEM division) is seeking a Full Time Graphic Designer who is also focused on Customer Support throughout the life cycle of the designs through production.
Major Areas of Accountability
Responsible for graphic design, layout, formatting, specification of materials and customer support experience in the RV industry and/or CAD/AutoCAD experience are major considerations.
The best candidates have experience as a Graphic Designer, customer support, sales with in a production facility. Understands high quality and deadline driven creations of Graphic Designs, In-Design, and art for UV, Lambda, Inkjet, screen printing and dye sublimation printing. Understands the creation of precise profile cuts for Vinyl, CNC Routers and Zund Cutting machines.
- Primary focus is on the RV industry development of images and concepts for a variety of creative projects.
- Highly fast paced, deadline driven and works in between an office and in a production work environment.
- Development designs that meet specific functional, engineering and budgetary requirements.
- Reviews and studies photographs and illustrations to plan the presentation of material, products or services to clients.
- May attend client meetings with senior staff to facilitate development of client relations’ skills.
- Assists prepress in the manner projects are to be executed based on information and instructions from Creative Director.
- Reviews final layouts with production in order to ensure manufacturability and makes changes as appropriate.
- Prepares, marks up and assembles final layouts for supervisor and client’s presentation.
- Continues to develop knowledge of print production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills & Experience
- Accredited degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in the RV industry and/or CAD/AutoCAD experience are major considerations.
- Experience in sales are major considerations
- Must have experience with Illustrator, which is 80% of the work load
- Proven ability to research and translate design trends into graphic concepts that communicate clearly.
- Sound and strong understanding of print production and manufacturing.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design and another graphics software.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with customer(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and self-directing skills.
- Proactive, self-starter, who stays calm and collected under pressure
- Committed to their work, team and our internal and external customers
- Respectful and builds trust with all employee, vendors and customers
- Collaborates when help is needed and sees all projects through completion
Interfaces closely with Project Managers, Customer Service and Sales personnel. Also interfaces with production to a lesser extent. Interdepartmental communication and external communication are a critical component of this role.
We have over 16 benefits available from The Vomela Companies, some of them include:
Any employee who works at least 30 hours per week will be eligible to receive seven company provided benefits, may choose up to nine elected benefits, and have access to other fringe benefits such as discounts for select cellular phone providers and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Company Provided Benefits
Basic Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability (LTD), accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Emergency Travel Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and *Paid Holidays.
* 64 hours of holiday pay per year after 90 days of service
Health Benefit Plans*, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)*, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*, Dental, Vision*, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD), Commuter Benefits* and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.