Location: St. Paul, MN
- 1st Shift - Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- 2nd Shift - Monday through Friday 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
The Vomela Companies is hiring a General Laborer to learn and grow with our company. Vomela is a leading supplier of Digital & Screen-printed graphics and displays. We work with some of the most recognizable brands & retailers in the business.
Best Candidates Will Possess These Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- We print on large scale printing presses, kitting, packing, shipping and receiving.
- Must work at a face pace with strict deadlines
- Ability to read blue prints
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate themselves as a strong team player that cares about the quality of their work
- Must be able to come to work on-time and prepared to do their job
- Has at least 3 years of experience in the printing industry, general labor, manufacturing, operator, in a production/manufacturing environment
- Possess basic math skills, understands units of measurement
- Understands basic computer functions as it relates to email, job requisitions, orders, inventory, documenting notes and using spread sheets like MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of cutting and finishing presses, according to written and/or verbal instructions, established company procedures, safety and quality guidelines. They must also be capable of making adjustments to machines, to keep quality, registration and production speed at peak efficiency. The applicant should have good understanding of performing the following duties personally or through assistant personnel.
- Receives job assignments & priorities from supervisor. Reads job order to understand requirements of the Job and verify quantity to be produced
- Sets up machine according to established company guidelines, safety and job requirements
- Completes production run including overruns and production samples
- Completes required inspections and documents the quality approval
- Ensure quality of job throughout run, including adjusting cutting depth, edge quality, registration adjustments, etc.
- Respond to revised priorities and perform well under tight deadlines
- Responsible for the tear-down, clean-up and setting-up of Jobs
- Ability to perform time studies on this machine for quoting & efficiency purposes
- Complete other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer.