The Vomela Transportation Group has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Production Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for managing the Digital Press Operations and workflow to meet production and quality demands. The position provides direct supervision, motivation and direction to the entire digital staff. This person will also be the technical expert who is responsible for the daily operations in the department and addresses issues as they pertain to personnel, trouble shooting, quality control, production scheduling, safety, training, and equipment maintenance.
The ideal candidate has an opportunity for growth while working in a fun, fast paced and dynamic environment. Our vast network of companies allows members of our team to build relationships with and provide marketing and printing solutions to some of the largest and most recognized brands in the world. With us, you can make a difference.
Vomela is one of the largest and fastest growing marketing specialty companies in North America. With over 20 locations and more than 1,300 employees, Vomela utilizes the latest in technology to manage, produce, and distribute corporate marketing programs and collateral, retail in-store signage (POS/POP), store décor, tradeshow and event programs, transportation and fleet graphics.
• Responsible for managing department of 5 to 7 digital presses, related converting and finishing equipment and production team of 8 to 10 individuals.
• Utilize computer ERP systems and associated paperwork as necessary.
• Responsible to setting and managing daily print production schedule
• As needed, set up and run digital machines
• Monitor and validate staff material transactions for accuracy
• Maintain efficiency and quality benchmarks per MPI standards
• Provide feedback to planning via ECN
• Ensure that employee training is given as required for your employees to succeed
• Maintain organized and clean work environment
• Enter recommendations to management for improvements in areas such as personal safety improved product quality better rates and yields, or any other matters that impact shop costs or employee’s health
• Track & Submit Non-conforming product reports to quality manager
• Practice safe working habits as detailed in the Company Safety Manual and Employee Handbook
• College degree required
• Prior experience in digital printing
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Familiarity using graphics applications similar to Adobe Illustrator, Photo Shop, and print rip soft wares
• Color management experience helpful
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.