We are currently looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team in support of our corporate operations. This position’s key responsibilities include account reconciliations, fixed asset system administration, and supporting the month and year-end closing processes.
- Maintain company cash records, including Bank account reconciliations.
- Maintain company fixed asset records; supply annual asset and depreciation reporting.
- Maintain company records for state personal property tax filings; Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Maintain GL Account reconciliations for assigned Balance Sheet Accounts.
- Prepare and post journal entries on assigned accounting areas
- Preparation of month-end financial reports, to locations/units as assigned.
- Back-up support for Inventory management and other core accounting functions.
- Back-up duties with Sales Tax reporting and Exemption Certificate management
- Support to Accounts Payable team in weekly disbursement review and processing
- Miscellaneous accounting projects and tasks as needed, including support of annual audit
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 4-year Accounting Degree and a minimum of 2 years experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Task oriented; Attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in accounting, preferably in a large ($200M) Manufacturing environment
- Mid-Level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of various state personal property laws, reporting, etc.
- Experience with Sales Tax Laws, and business reporting requirements in a multi-state environment
- Working knowledge of data gathering, sorting, filtering, etc. from ERP systems
- Data Mining Capabilities using various data extraction tools (Access, SQL, etc.)
- Experience with integrated ERP Systems for input and management of business transactions.
- Exposure or experience with Financial Planning/BI packages (Vena Solutions, Adaptive Insights, etc.)
To apply via email, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.