Project Manager – Santa Fe Springs, CA
In this role, you would be responsible for managing the estimating, prototyping, and production of all assigned projects.
- Managing raw material cost
- Identifying inefficiencies
- On Time Deliveries
- Accurate Bills of Materials
- Managing inventory levels
- Schedules projects into production planning, checks production schedules, verifies progress of jobs, and informs supervisor of any variance from production schedule.
- Oversees the maintenance of estimate, work order and outstanding orders files.
- Arranges production release meetings and interval meetings as necessary.
- Procures outside production/buyouts and raw materials for assigned projects in a timely manner in order to meet due dates. Develops productive relationships with and directly supervises vendors, contractors and subcontractors. Maintains standard cost and buy quantities of raw materials. Arranges alternate supplier sources and monitors vendor performance.
- Compiles list of materials needed for assigned projects and contacts vendors or Purchasing Department to requisition materials.
- Prepares instruction sheets for all systems including a parts list.
- Analyzes project requirements and establishes format for cost estimates and GPM%. Provides pre-production cost budgets. Reviews manufacturing work orders and quality control sheets to make sure they are consistent with estimates.
- Works from drawings, samples and/or written specifications to determine a job cost estimate for specific client assignments. Offers options for materials and run sizes for greatest economic advantage.
- Responds to requests from sales personnel concerning schedule status and changes. Interfaces with Design and Customer Service personnel to assess work in progress and on-time shipments.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities, inspects and quality controls products; accepting or rejecting products according to customer specifications and/or company standards.
- Approves the first pack-out and spot checks pack-outs thereafter.
- May determine shipping priorities from production schedule and inform finishing and shipping departments when necessary.
- Keeps computerized inventory of all raw stock for assigned projects. Maintains product min/max levels as defined by sales.
- Coordinates billing with project coordinator and accounting department.
- Attends company-wide work activity/production meetings.
- Actively participates in industry functions, and keep abreast of new technology and industry developments (computer programs, equipment, industry trade shows, journals and publications).
- Additional or different functions may be assigned as required.
Skills and Experience
- BA or BS degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering, Graphic Arts or related field; or
- Three to five years screen printing and/or digital imaging project management experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong skills in work planning, scheduling.
- Must have good judgment of color, design, and print quality.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations to assigned projects.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to break out product costs into their material, labor and overhead components.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.