Press Operator – Newington, VA
Vomela Commercial in Northern Virginia is seeking experienced Press Operators to run our 40-inch Heidelberg presses. Position is responsible for producing printed work that meets or exceeds current levels of acceptable quality in a cost-effective manner and performs other related work as required. Press Technicians use raw printing materials (chemicals, ink, paper, plates, etc..) to operate offset printing press, and uses tools ranging from hand tools to complex measuring instruments.
- Minimum of three years operating a 40-inch press
- Intimate knowledge of the lithographic process with background knowledge in both prepress and bindery
- Knowledge of all related materials: chemicals, ink, paper, and plates
- Skilled in the operation of printing equipment
- Skilled using various hand tools
- Ability to identify and resolve personnel, equipment, and material problems
- Good natural or corrected eyesight
- Ability to understand general mechanical principles
- Ability to frequently move between locations, and lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Be able to distinguish between different shades of colors.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.