IT Support Technician – Elk Grove, IL
Become part of a team of IT Professionals supporting multiple locations across the country. As an IT Support Technician, you will share in the responsibility for managing a broad network of systems and the support of local and remote users.
What You’ll Do
• Provide support to internal end users to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network, and system issues
• Respond to telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support
• Monitor and assign helpdesk tickets
• Provide support and management of virtual environments, including vSphere and Hyper-V
• Make regular support visits to locations in South Bend, Elkhart, Indianapolis, and Detroit
• Active Directory (On-prem and Azure) DNS, DHCP, and Exchange hybrid / O365 administration
• Assist with inventory and management of software, subscriptions, contracts, and renewals
• Assist with management of anti-virus and system imaging platforms
• Assist with IT related projects
• Prepare and update documentation
• Manage servers including patches, updates, backups and restores
• Make recommendations on new technology and methods of improvement
• Manage and support switches, WIFI, network attached storage
What You’ll Bring
• 2– 5 years’ experience supporting and troubleshooting Windows and Mac OS in a corporate environment
• IT related degree or certification
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
• Experience supporting one or more virtual platforms
• Comfortable using PowerShell and/or Unix CLI
• Experience troubleshooting computer hardware
• Clean driving record
Additional Skills are a Plus
• Print industry or manufacturing experience
• Terminate and punch down network cables
• Experience with network monitoring tools, switches, and phone systems
• Experience administering O365 apps, including SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing these duties the employee is regularly required to converse with other employees in an effective manner. The employee is frequently required to drive, use hands and fingers, sit, stand, bend, use a ladder, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to move throughout the building. PC use is required, and employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.