IT Service Desk – Level II
Provide IT inbound incident and request support for onsite and remote employees. Find fixes, workarounds, and final solutions by troubleshooting issues while providing exemplary customer service. Must be technically capable and a self-starter with strong organizational and customer service skills. Able to participate in rotational afterhours on call support.
What you will do
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Respond to tickets via phone, email, and chat in accordance with SLA guidelines
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem solving process including actions taken through to the final resolution
- Respond in timely manner to requests and issues
- Provide onsite and remote support to end users
- Assist on a rotation schedule for off hours support
- Assist in AV setups as needed for meetings
- Assist new hire training for basic IT needs.
- Assist in the set up new workstations for users (deploying equipment, checking over account setups).
- Heavy use of Windows and Mac OS devices
- An understanding of on-premise Active Directory and Azure Active Directory (Account creation, password resets, group and distro list membership, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, etc.)
- Create documentation for staff for process improvement and training purposes
- Attempt to resolve tickets on your own and ask for guidance as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
What you need to bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Management of Information Systems, or Associate Degree plus two years of tech support experience, or three plus years technical support experience.
- Customer service mentality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of computers, networks, and software
- Basic O365 administration.
- Experience using MS Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience with incident and request ticketing systems
- Ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and adapt to new technology and software
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Network troubleshooting experience
- An extensive amount of experience in basic hardware and operating system troubleshooting
- A+ / Network + / Security+/MCSA / MCSE are a plus, but not required