IT Senior Systems Administrator – St. Paul, MN
Vomela St. Paul has an exciting opportunity for a high-energy IT Senior System Administrator to join our team. This position within the Corporate IT Support Group is accountable for ensuring continuity of computer system services for computer users both local and remote at offices throughout the country. You will provide the technical expertise, assistance, and project coordination necessary to install server and workstation software products, modify/repair hardware, and resolve technical problems. This position will assist in mentoring junior staff on hardware and software support, as well as create documentation for other staff to use when supporting systems.
- Administer, configure, monitor, and test servers and hardware for business and network operations, and provide suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions.
- Implement and monitor server upgrades and patches using industry best practices.
- Provide support to internal end users to diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues. Respond to telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot network, system, and application issues
- Assist in the management of software deployment/upgrades, license subscriptions, inventory, contracts, and renewals
- Perform standard server and workstation hardware and operating systems administration duties on Windows 7 and newer, Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer, and Mac OS-X.
- Provide support and management of the Virtual Environments, including VMware ESX, Nutanix AHV, and Microsoft Hyper-V, including storage and networking administration.
- Active Directory (On-prem and Azure), DNS, DHCP, and Exchange hybrid / O365 administration
- Manage and Configure network switches and firewalls.
- Manage VoIP telephone system
- Prepare and update documentation, policy and procedure documents, and troubleshooting guides.
- Be able to work a rotating “on-call” schedule as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in a related field and 7+ years of experience supporting client/server applications in a multi-site company. (Additional years of experience and industry certifications may be used in place of the degree requirement)
- Experience implementing full-stack IT Infrastructure systems (Server, Storage, Networking)
- Experience supporting one or more virtual platforms
- Experience with patch management systems and policies for both servers and workstations.
- Experience administering O365 apps, including SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive
- Experience with scripting tools and platforms.
- Experience with Remote Support Tools
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Mac experience a plus
- Experience with network cabling and termination
- Experience with Dell switches and SonicWall firewalls a plus
To apply via email, please send your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.