Inserter/Mail Clerk – Elk Grove, IL
Vomela Commercial in Elk Grove, IL is seeking a Inserter/Mail Department Clerk. The position is responsible for processing outgoing mail from our facility and assisting the Post Press process utilizing various pieces of equipment. This is a critical role for a busy large-scale Print shop and is a fun role for the right person who enjoys physical activity and likes to be busy at work!
- Operate processes for outgoing mail from our facility
- Read and understand paper and electronic job orders and process jobs according to specifications
- Perform mailing, and bindery work on demand and as schedules dictate
- Be accountable for quality, on time work
- Partner with our Customer Service Representatives and other production team members to deliver high quality, on time work for clients
- Run and coordinate work in the operation of all mail room equipment including inserting machines, strappers, sealers and inkjet equipment
- Maintains mail machinery in working order, clearing jams in equipment and operating computers
- Routinely lift heavy packages and wrap packages or bundles
- Keep detailed and accurate records
- Complete other duties as assigned and through completion
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 2-3 years of related experience
- Must have good judgment of quality work
- Ability to read instructions, job orders and requirements
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to read and understand units of measure
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have Positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
- Completion and follow-up on incomplete tasks or shipments
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.