We are actively searching for an Ink Formulator for our Screen Print department on second shift, 2:20pm – 12:50am, Monday – Thursday. The Ink Formulator develops color formulas, mixes screen printing ink, prints swatches, and performs color check per color specifications.
- Work closely with pressroom personnel for color adjustments on and off press
- Work with ink vendors and Screen Print Department Manager regarding product quality and industry developments
- Perform vendor quality check on incoming ink
- Work with customer service and sales to match customer colors and explain issues as required
- Proficient in mixing inks and matching colors for production jobs
- Adjust and approve 4CP process colors
- Formulate PMS or similar spot colors
- Formulate automotive and RV colors
- Maintains ink inventories and records
- Uses various color measurement instruments
- Estimates quantity of ink to be mixed
- Prepare Daily Time Accountability and job paperwork
- Follow all safe working habits and PPE requirements as outlined by management
- Read and follow all job instructions
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Ability to visually match colors
- Ability to understand and make color adjustments
- Previous production experience
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.