Human Resources Generalist – High Point, NC
Vomela is a leading supplier of Digital & Screen-printed graphics and displays. We work with some of the most recognizable brands & retailers in the business. We are continuing to grow to meet the needs of our Customers. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to learn & grow with our Company. The human resources generalist is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resources operations. Maintains working relationships with Supervisors and employees across the network; interdepartmental and external communication is a vital component to this role.
• Maintains employee records in the HRIS database and paper files.
• Processes new hire, change and termination paperwork.
• Performs customer service functions by responding to employee requests and questions.
• Provides administrative support such as filing worker’s compensation claims, scheduling drug tests as needed, posting jobs, creating leave of absence letters, offer letters and other correspondence, copying, mailing and scanning documents.
• Assists with recruitment and interview process.
• Conducts new employee orientation as needed.
• Administers onsite PTO policy: tracks leave balances; ensures employees have accrued the requested amount of leave; updates leave spreadsheets regularly; performs leave audits as needed
• Assists with the processing of company payroll; handles all paperwork indicating changes for payroll; corrects employee timecards; prepares changes and leave slips for payroll; reviews payroll for errors.
• Assists with the company benefit package: assists in the coordination of onsite annual open enrollment; assists all employees with any insurance related issues.
• Maintains open door policy to assist employees on a professional or personal level. Meets with managers and/or employees to assist in conflict resolution and acts as a front-line advisor to management on employment issues.
• Assists in coordinating employee events other Human Resources administrative duties as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• College degree in Human Resources or related field strongly preferred with prior relevant experience
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and Power Point; prior experience with ADP or other HRIS systems preferred
• A self-starter with high energy and open to flexibility and change
• Excellent customer service skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills appropriate for all levels of an organization
• Comfortable speaking in front of groups
• Excellent level of accuracy and detail-orientation
• Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills, ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with employees
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.