Finishing Supervisor – High Point, NC
The Vomela Transportation Group has an exciting opportunity for a Finishing Supervisor to join our team. This position will be responsible for providing supervision and direction to the finishing department staff. Function as a technical expert who supervises the daily operations in the department and addresses issues as they pertain to trouble shooting, quality control, production scheduling, training, equipment maintenance and general daily supervision of your department.
- Directs and coordinates production operations to obtain utmost and ongoing efficiency
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with other departments
- Develops and enforces standard operational procedures and work practices and policies to ensure consistency of output
- Develops project schedules and allocates resources as needed to ensure all deliverables are produced defect free and aligned with technical specifications
- Verify that all machine operators are meeting customer expectations and ensure operators are following MPI instructions
- Assure quality through first article of inspection check is performed and periodic checks are make on longer runs
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prior experience in print manufacturing preferred
- Prior experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong customer orientation
- Technical skills
- Business judgment
- Detail oriented
- Strong problem solving
- Mechanical aptitude
- Works well under pressure
To apply via email, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.