We are currently searching for a Digital Prepress Operator to join our Corporate Identity Systems team in California! This role electronically prepares art and copy layouts for production in order to meet customer specifications.
- Takes the customer high resolution files and creates the digital image to the customer specifications while maintaining the integrity of the schedule.
- Maintains log of digital jobs and coordinates them with others in department.
- Maintains accuracy for material color profiles.
- Determines size arrangement or image changes of the client artwork to assure proper fit on finished product.
- Performs preflight on customers artwork to determine accuracy, omissions, or additional requirements.
- Provides an effective interface between customers, sales and production.
- Understands and performs rasterization of files for digital output.
- Prepares a scale proof and presents the sample to customer service for customer approval
- Alters illustrations to enlarge, reduce, or clarify image on original artwork to match customer’s expectations.
- Maintains electronic files and archives of all computer created graphics.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities in the best interest of the company or as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience
- BS or BA degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or related field preferred, or Technical/Trade School education with the equivalent in work experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five or more years’ experience in creative design with emphasis in computer design, and design project coordination.
- Must be experienced in four color process prepress output.
- Must understand digital printing and the generation of digital-printing artwork.
- Must be conversant in CAD/CAM applications and Design Software.
- Must be able to provide prepress specifications for the construction of production parts.
- Must be able to supervise the set-up of digitally printed jobs. Act as an advisor to digitally printed jobs and prototypes.
- Must be a good communicator and able to interface with customers and other departments at multiple levels.
- Must be a good listener and willing to provide what the customer and the company needs are with solutions to problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.