Customer Service and Estimating Manager – High Point, NC
The Vomela Transportation Group has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service and Estimating Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for leading, motivating and directing the Customer Service and Estimating team to provide the best service in the industry. Responsible for knowing the company’s products, services, policies and procedures and be able to communicate those to other members of the team. Must be able to supervise, train, coach and mentor employees.
• Recruit, hire and retain quality employees. Lead, direct, and manage the Customer Service and Estimating team to maximize productivity, efficiency and service to the customers and to the sales staff.
• Develop customer service procedures, policies and standards.
• Investigate customer’s problems and complaints as well as provide appropriate solutions. Process customer complaints as they relate to the Transportation Customer Service group. Ensure all issues are resolved and processed in a timely manner and appropriate costs are passed on when applicable.
• Control raw material inventories. Review job cost variance, identify cause and make necessary adjustments.
• Maintenance of items costs and inventory levels in Syteline.
• Generate and monitor job order and inventory reports. Distribute as needed.
• Regular review of quotes and bill of materials for accuracy and to ensure established guidelines are followed.
• Coordinate availability to meet project requirements, while controlling costs and storage space used for materials. Investigate alternate sources of materials.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all sales and service business processes and systems.
• Work with VP of Sales and the sales team to develop, document, and maintain customer projects, specifications, pricing, inventories, etc. to maximize service levels and company profitability.
• Properly communicate client requirements to all related departments.
• Communicate verbally and in writing as required to aid in production planning or to avoid potential errors.
Prepare, monitor and analyze data reports on orders, backlog, and sales activity.
• Previous experience in a managerial role and account / project management
• Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the printing/graphics industry
• Computer skills including ERP systems and Microsoft Office
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task and work without direct supervision
• Problem solving skills
• Team driven and customer oriented focus
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.