As a member of our finance team, the Credits and Collections Specialist will work with our customers to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner. This role will also work with the sales and customer service teams to resolve any potential issues and achieve a successful collection level.
- The Credit and Collections Specialist is responsible for the management of accounts with open balances for an assigned account portfolio
- Initiate and pursue collection of past due invoices via emails & calls. Timely follow-up is essential to collecting payments and enforcing payment terms
- Work closely with the customer to resolve past due invoices and short payments
- Process invoice adjustments as approved by the appropriate customer service, sales & management personnel
- Recommend account write-offs to Credit Manager
- Research and document customer overpayments for refund processing
- The Credit and Collection Specialist will comply with all Company Credit Policies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in collection or account management role, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate experience in an ERP system
- High attention to detail with the ability to work independently
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions and approaches for problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to develop, strengthen and maintain strong relationships with internal & external customers so they can be leveraged when needed to resolve collections challenges
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, proactive and a high level of integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.