Bindery Operator – Elk Grove, IL
Vomela Commercial in Elk Grove, IL is seeking experienced Bindery Operators. Responsible for operation and maintenance of cutters and/or folders, packaging, labeling, and delivery of work to delivery area. Interacts with Sales staff, CSRs, and other bindery personnel.
- Performs “Make Ready” for jobs: reads job jacket for all information; makes folder ready for each job; checks work against proof/dummy for position and correctness; fills out bindery checklists for approval; clarifies information with supervisor as needed
- Runs job on Folder: continuously checks work for position and quality; runs job as quickly as possible while maintaining quality; packages job neatly and labels for shipping; identifies and separately packages customer samples
- Performs post-run duties which include putting samples in the jackets, ensuring customer samples are the best quality, and notifying supervisors of any shortages
- Moves jobs to designated areas of Delivery
- Performs machine maintenance and ensure that machines are clean and functioning properly
- Responsible for cutting printed materials: reads instructions for each job’s specifications; uses computer in the cutter to program each job; fills out bindery checklists for approval; cuts job then moves to the next department
- Checks jobs for quality: checks stock tickets for run size, quantity, type of paper, etc.; cuts blank paper; moves paper to appropriate area
- Performs machine maintenance: cleans machine and work area daily; changes knife, checks fluid levels, lubes cutter weekly and keeps maintenance records; checks cutter for accuracy by using a square back edge
- High School education or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in operation of cutting and/or folder equipment preferred
- General knowledge of folding machinery
- Ability to understand general mechanical principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good natural or corrected eyesight
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Still looking? Return to our Careers page.