Location: Elk Grove VillageImmediate Openings:
First Shift: Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, plus overtime as needed
Second Shift: Monday through Friday from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM, plus overtime as needed
Elk Grove Graphics is hiring first and second shift Bindery Operator who is responsible for operation and maintenance of programmable paper cutter; cutting and trimming of printed jobs and blank stock, operating scoring and folding equipment, as well as saddlestitcher. Incumbent operates post press equipment and interacts with Sales staff, CSRs, and other bindery personnel. Incumbent also maintains schedule lists, job status reports and job jackets. This is a critical role for a busy large-scale Print shop and is a fun role for the right person who enjoy physical activity and likes to be busy at work!
Work Conditions For This Position
- Operators perform a variety of tasks related to the operation, maintenance and programming of cutting machines for pre-press and post-press large-scale printed jobs.
- Requires your physical strength and endurance (manual labor)
- The normal shifts are 8 hours long, plus overtime as needed
- Routinely lifts heavy packages in a safe manner and wraps packages and bundles
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, crouching and repetitive motion
- Works with computers, printers, packaging equipment, electronic and manual machines
- Must be prepared and ready to work on-time per work schedule and must meet deadlines consistently
- Responsible for cutting, scoring, folding and stitching printed materials.
- Operates the processes for outgoing print jobs, performs bindery work on demand and as schedules dictate.
- Reads instructions for each job’s specifications; uses computer in the equipment to program each job; fills out bindery checklists for approval; cuts job then moves to the next department.
- Partners with the Customer Service Representatives teams and other production teams to ensure that high quality work is completed on time for clients.
- Runs quality checks on jobs, the operation of all bindery equipment, including but not limited to cutters, folders, stitchers and miscellaneous equipment.
- Maintains bindery machinery in working order, clearing jams in equipment, cleans machines and work areas.
- Counts and verifies for quality, checks stock tickets for run size, materials and type of paper, cuts blank paper and moves paper to appropriate areas.
- Maintains a safe and cleans work environment daily, changes knives, checks fluid levels, lubes cutter weekly and keeps maintenance records; checks cutter for accuracy by using a square back edge.
- Keeps detailed and accurate records
- Completed other duties as assigned
Best Candidates Will Have
- High School education or equivalent (GED)
- 3 + years experience with post press equipment
- Thorough knowledge of printing and binding practices and procedures
- Basic math skills and units of measurement
- Ability to understand general mechanical principles
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Adaptable and flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Must have naturally good eyesight or have corrected eyesight
We have over 16 benefits available from The Vomela Companies, some of them include:
Any employee who works at least 30 hours per week will be eligible to receive seven company provided benefits, may choose up to nine elected benefits, and have access to other fringe benefits such as discounts for select cellular phone providers and tuition reimbursement assistance.
Company Provided Benefits
Basic Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability (LTD), accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Emergency Travel Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and *Paid Holidays.
* 64 hours of holiday pay per year after 90 days of service
Health Benefit Plans*, Health Savings Accounts (HSA)*, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)*, Dental, Vision*, Voluntary Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD), Commuter Benefits* and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
To apply, email your resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vomela Companies and all affiliate companies are an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.